Mental Capacity Solicitor
Appleman Legal is looking for a Mental Capacity Solicitor with experience in Court of Protection Work to join our growing team.
Law Society Accredited Legal Representative (ALR) status is preferable, but not mandatory. Full training for ALR can be provided to the right candidate.
We represent a diverse range of clients, and we genuinely care about protecting the rights of individuals and promoting the rule of law for the most vulnerable members of our society. Our successes are based on our strong ethical values, so we are keen to hear from like-minded individuals who share the same ethos and values that the firm prides itself on.
- You will be joining our specialist team to provide advice and representation in all aspects of Mental Capacity Law, including undertaking advocacy and dealing with all types of work in respect of Court of Protection Work (welfare and financial).
- You will work closely with a Partner to manage an independent caseload of Section 21A applications, welfare and financial deputyship applications.
- You will be expected to provide comprehensive legal advice and representation to clients and family members, within the context of the Mental Capacity Act and other relevant legislation, supported by a supervisor.
- You will be expected to attend clients at hospitals, in their home and care/nursing homes.
- Law Society Accredited Legal Representative (ALR) status is preferrable but not mandatory
- Client following will be advantageous
- Good understanding of the Legal Aid Agency Contract Specifications
- Share our passion for access to justice
- Proficiency with MS Office and Case Management systems
- Driving Licence will be advantage
In return, we will provide you with:
- A competitive salary rate depending on experience
- Excellent training & career development opportunity
- A generous annual leave allowance.
- A generous bonus scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Ability to work remotely with access to our cloud-based case management software
- Good work life balance
You will also have the added bonus of working alongside some like-minded individuals who are equally driven and are supportive of each other’s progress and ambitions.
Please send a CV & a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 25 November 2021
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at: email@example.com. We will supply an invoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.