SOLICITOR – COURT OF PROTECTION (HEALTH AND WELFARE)/ MENTAL HEALTH
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Closing date: 06/03/2022
Location: North East
Application: CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a solicitor to join our growing team, doing solely Court of Protection work, solely Mental Health work, or a combination of Court of Protection and Mental Health Tribunal work.
We are looking for a solicitor with experience of handling a Court of Protection (health and welfare) or Mental Health caseload. A full job description and person specification can be found on our website: https://www.davidgray.co.uk/careers/
Full and part-time hours are available, and we offer hybrid office/home working. At David Gray, you will be given support through time and financial investment to develop your career, undertake training and achieve professional accreditations. The salary is competitive and dependent upon experience, a full list of extensive benefits offered by the firm are also found below.
The Court of Protection team currently consists of four solicitors, one paralegal and two personal assistants. It is a close-knit, successful team led by partner Emma Silburn. We have seen a steady increase in our work over recent years and are now looking to increase the size of our team with the addition of another solicitor.
The Mental Health team is soon to consist of 4 solicitors, a trainee and a paralegal. We represent clients at Mental Health Tribunals, CPA/CTRs, hospital managers’ hearings and other appropriate meetings.
The firm has a friendly, open and honest working environment and offers extensive benefits and career progression opportunities. David Gray Solicitors LLP has a long-standing reputation for quality and has been helping people across the region for over 40 years. The firm has top-tier classification in both the Chambers UK Directory and the Legal 500 Directory and has won many awards. People are at the heart of what David Gray do, there is an emphasis on teamwork, the talents and skills of our professionals complement each other enabling us to provide an efficient legal service in a friendly, approachable and sensitive manner. We pride ourselves on our open and innovative approach in providing clear and straightforward advice, taking the time to understand the needs of our clients and work with them to find the right solution
The list of benefits you can expect at David Gray include:
- Culture of promoting from within
- Career progression opportunities e.g. Training Contracts, Apprenticeships, Associate and Senior Associate programmes
- Autonomous working – we employ trusted people to get on with the job in hand
- Personal development opportunities – we invest in the training and development of staff and support and pay for staff to gain relevant accreditations (e.g. children’s panel, mediation, higher rights)
- Profile raising and recognition – support in gaining listings in the Legal 500, Chambers & Partners and awards nominations.
Work-life balance benefits
- Holiday entitlement (27-32 days Fee Earner contract) plus bank holidays and extra time off at Christmas (subject to variation)
- Birthdays off in addition to holiday entitlement
- Holiday Purchase Scheme – ability to buy an extra three days
- Homeworking with flexibility
- Paid emergency time off for dependants
- Free personal time to use as you please e.g. early finishes on Fridays
- Staff parties/gatherings/social events/weekends away
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to 5%)
- Death in Service benefit providing loved ones with four times your annual salary (for staff with 12 months of continuous employment)
- Maternity Pay (18 weeks full pay, 8 weeks half pay for staff with 18 months of continuous employment)
- Paternity Pay (2 weeks full pay)
- Sickness pay (up to 20 days)
- ‘Christmas Club’ Savings Scheme
- Friends and family discount for legal services and free wills for staff
- Travel schemes e.g. discounted POP cards, Railcards
Healthy you benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme -24/7 free access to counselling for you and your family members, health advice, financial assistance, life coaching and advice with practical day to day issues
- Free fresh fruit weekly & tea and coffee
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Training and information sharing via healthcare experts e.g. dementia training, on site health checks, cancer awareness, healthy eating
- Support for and involvement in charities and activities e.g. the Legal Walk, the Legal Bake, Macmillan Coffee Morning, Red Nose Day
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders
Or if you would like further information or to discuss the role prior to application we would be happy to chat it through – you can call us on 0191 2329547.
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at: email@example.com. We will supply an invoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.