We are a renowned multiservice law firm committed to access for justice. Our lawyers specialise in criminal defence, family law, housing, civil liberties and human rights. We are a Legal 500 and Chambers UK recommended firm who are currently recruiting an Assistant Solicitor to join our Fleet House office.
This is a full-time position with the successful candidate being part of a dynamic and growing team. You will be responsible for running a case load, to include:
- Challenging unlawful decisions via Judicial Review
- Accessing social services support
- Court of Protection proceedings
- Complaints against local authorities and the NHS
- Have a passion for publically funded work
- Attention to detail and the confidence to work independently as well as in a team
- Newly Qualified or more experienced Solicitor
- Solid experience in social welfare and Court of Protection matters gained within a reputable firm
- Excellent client care skills
- IT proficiency
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm whilst under pressure
You will receive a positive and supportive working environment with a team that prides themselves on promoting from within, exposure to industry specialists and a fantastic opportunity to start or continue your development in an award-winning law firm.
We are looking for individuals who are able to join the team ASAP and those on short or no notice periods may be preferred.
The firm will consider applications from those seeking permanent positions as well as those interested in a 12-month fixed term contract.
Salary and benefits will be negotiable and will reflect experience or potential of the candidate.
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we are unable to respond to all candidates or provide feedback on your application, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days of the application deadline then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.)
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at: email@example.com. We will supply an invoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.