Based in Falmouth, Cornwall we specialise in representing clients in matters relating to their healthcare, social care, property and finances, housing, and mental health. Our work is predominantly funded by the legal aid agency and we represent clients across the south west. More information about our team can be found here: https://www.emmastaceylegal.com/
Due to continued growth and expansion, we have a vacancy for a Paralegal and a Solicitor specialising in Mental Health and/or Mental Capacity.
Both roles will entail:
• Assisting with casework
• Attending to clients, taking instructions, reviewing medical records, preparing witness statements and applications to progress matters to hearing
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining accurate time recording
• Ensuring compliance with file management and our Quality Manual
- Mental Capacity and or Mental Health accreditation with the Law Society
- Meeting the LAA supervisor requirements for either Mental Health or Community Care
- Previous experience (not essential as full training can be offered)
- A commitment to working with vulnerable people
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An ability to work independently within guidelines given and as part of a team
- A ‘can do’ attitude with practical problem-solving approach to tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
Due to the nature of our work and location of specialist courts (hearings are often held in Truro, Exeter, Bristol, Bournemouth) working outside office hours will be required from time-to-time. A driving licence and own transport is desirable. Working partly remotely is an option.
Salary is dependent upon level of experience and qualifications. Both are full-time posts but applicants seeking a part-time position will also be considered.
Interviews will take place at our office in Falmouth. Candidates wishing to apply for either role should send their CV with a covering email setting out why they wish to apply for a role to email@example.com. For further information or to apply please contact Emma Stacey.
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at:
We will supply an nvoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.