Solicitor, NQ-3 years (Public Law & Human Rights, Sheffield)
We are currently looking for a solicitor to work within our Public Law & Human Rights department in our Sheffield office.
Irwin Mitchell is passionate about the law and in providing our clients with the very best legal advice and guidance.
We believe in putting our clients first. Our client care is second to none and this, underpinned by our promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK’s most successful and respected law firms.
Today we employ over 2800 people in 15 UK offices.
Public Law & Human Rights
IM’s Public Law and Human Rights Department is a leader in its fields and offers really exciting opportunities to work in a successful team. There will be opportunities to assist solicitors, to develop and work on high profile, cutting-edge cases with some cases progressing up to the appellate courts including the Supreme Court. Our current specialisms cover advisory work and litigation disputes in the areas of judicial review, community care, health welfare cases in the Court of Protection, civil liberties, actions against the police, education and professional discipline fields. We have forged a national reputation for work on test cases. Our work regularly receives considerable media attention and produces reported legal judgements. We have a national reach.
We hold Legal Aid Agency contracts in public law and community care law and are also instructed by privately funded individuals, businesses, professional associations and institutions including national and local charities and other voluntary organisations.
Irwin Mitchell is passionate about the law and in providing clients with the very best legal advice, and support during disputes. Our client care is second to none and this, underpinned by our promise to exceed client expectations, has helped the firm to grow to become one of the UK’s most successful, best-known and respected law firms. The firm and its lawyers are consistently recommended as leaders in the legal directories.
We have Public Law and Human Rights teams in Cambridge, Birmingham, Bristol, London, and Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton and Sheffield and an enviable reputation as leaders in the field.
- Varied responsibilities, including taking instructions from and advising clients, undertaking legal research, preparing pleadings, witness statements, applications and bundles, liaising with experts, attending conferences with Counsel, clients and experts, obtaining evidence to support clients’ cases, and prosecuting cases through to settlement meeting or trial, if necessary.
- Achieving own time-recording and fee income targets. Attaining required Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours to comply with Law Society Regulations, where appropriate.
- Managing a challenging case-load with full conduct of clients’ matters from inception to completion.
- Assisting more senior fee earners on all aspects of high value and complex cross-jurisdictional cases.
- Keeping up to date with changes in relevant law and practice and attending training events to ensure application of up to date legal knowledge and best practice.
- Contributing to relevant practice development initiatives and events to promote and develop the firm’s practice.
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed applicants, who can demonstrate that they will thrive on working in a busy environment.
Candidates will need to have excellent client care and communication skills, as the role will involve assisting with client communication and liaising with other professionals. The successful candidate will need to show that they can cope well under pressure and maintain excellent time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and keep to tight deadlines.
In addition to a competitive basic salary we have an exciting benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
The reference code for this role is S271117/SOL
Apply directly to Ian Miles at Ian.Miles@IrwinMitchell.com. Feel free to contact Ian Miles if you have any further questions relating to the role.
Please note that we are not accepting agency CVs for this position.
Irwin Mitchell is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
For all recruitment updates, follow us on Twitter – @WorkatIM
For full details of how to place an advert on the MHLA website, contact: