Position: Court of Protection Solicitor
Hours: Full time and Permanent
Steel & Shamash Solicitors are looking to recruit a Court of Protection Solicitor with significant experience of Health & Welfare matters.
You will have an excellent understanding of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and will be experienced in handling a complex caseload of Court of Protection Health & Welfare matters.
You will have a strong reputation within this legal sector. You will have an excellent understanding of developments in the law in relation to issues concerning Deprivation of Liberty and Mental Capacity whilst also having a working knowledge of Community Care Law and the principles of Public Law as they apply to work in the Court of Protection.
• Manage own caseload of files to include:-
– Section 16 MCA cases concerning Residence, Care, Contact, Sexual Relations and Medical Treatment issues;
– Section 21A MCA appeals challenging Deprivations of Liberty.
• Work with clients who have a learning disability as well as clients with mental health issues.
• Take an active role in business development for the department and particularly for Court of Protection Health & Welfare work.
• Specialise in Court of Protection Health & Welfare work (experience more important than PQE)
• Excellent organisational and & communication skills
• Ability to build good working relationships with members of the team and clients
• Ability to build relationships with other professionals and third parties
• Ability to work under pressure
The successful candidate must be hard working, flexible and willing to build good working relationships as part of a team and have excellent people and IT skills.
Please email your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details of how to advertise your vacancy on the MHLA website, contact email@example.com