Accredited mental health representative
Yorkshire-based, Lexcel-accredited, Switalskis Solicitors LTD has a vacancy for an accredited mental health representative to join our highly regarded well established Mental Health team based at our Head office in Wakefield City Centre.
The successful candidate must have experience in Tribunal advocacy and be an accredited Law Society MH Tribunal Panel member with a good grasp of the LAA mental health contract.
As the role will cover a wide area, a full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential.
We do not wish to enter into consultancy arrangements.
Mental health law and community care law paralegal
We are also looking for a paralegal to join the team (based in York), in order to assist Michael Kennedy (head of our Mental Health and Court of Protection departments) with a range of cases involving: mental health law; capacity law; community care law and public law.
Some basic information about the firm and our benefits package
Switalskis Solicitors LTD is a relatively large firm consisting of over 260 staff with offices in 13 Yorkshire locations. We offer some services over a regional basis and some over a national basis.
Our services span a range, including: clinical negligence; housing; family; crime; conveyancing; wills and probate, as well as the services referred to above. We have successfully taken cases to the all levels, including to the European Court of Human Rights and our cases are regularly published in various law reports as well as the media.
We have a very strong record in developing our staff and have very good levels of support for our fee earners.
We are proud to confirm that as well as working with some of the most experienced and skilled lawyers and legal support staff across Yorkshire, new employees at Switalskis may enjoy a range of fantastic staff benefits, including:
- Group Life Assurance Scheme – 4 x gross annual salary
- Group Income Protection – applicable after 26 weeks of absence
- Group Critical Illness – 1 x gross annual salary
- Bupa Wellbeing Plan (including membership for up to 4 children)
- Membership of Perkbox, a staff reward/voucher scheme
- Contractual Sick Pay entitlement
- Company Pension Scheme
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated)
- Additional ½ day holiday for Christmas Eve and New Years’ Eve
- Child care voucher scheme
- Flexible working hours
- 10% top up on maternity pay for first 6 weeks of Statutory Maternity Leave
- Recruitment bonus payments
- Remote working flexibility (role dependant)
- Parking (role dependant)
- Company mobile phone and iPad (role dependant)
If you believe you are the right fit for either role, please send your cv to our HR Manager, Miss M Paga, at email@example.com or by post to Miss M Paga, NU House, 24 High Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2LR.
For details of how to advertise your vacancy on the MHLA website, contact firstname.lastname@example.org