Due to continued expansion, we have an opportunity for a Solicitor / Accredited Member of the Law Society Mental Health Panel with more than 3 years PQE to join our busy Mental Health Team.
The successful candidate will:
1. Be an Accredited Member of the Law Society Mental Health Panel
2. Have more than 3 years PQE (exceptional applicants with less experience may be considered)
3. Have an own client following
4. Have experience in appearing before the Mental Health Tribunal
5. Have experience with Judicial Review and appeals to the Upper Tribunal
6. Possess a full driving license
7. Have an understanding and ability to work within the Legal Aid contract
8. Be able to work unsupervised and to provide training and support when required
This positon will be based in our Norwich office but the candidate will be expected to cover appointments and hearings within the East Anglian region.
Ability to assist in another area of law such as Crime or Family will be an advantage.
Salary dependent on qualifications and experience. We would be willing to discuss consultancy posts. Interviews will be at our office in Chelmsford.
Please send CV to Lesley Turner, Head of Mental Health Department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by the 31st December 2017.
For details of how to advertise your vacancy on the MHLA website, please contact email@example.com