Mental Health Supervisor / Fee Earner
We are currently seeking to recruit a Mental Health Supervisor/Fee Earner. The successful applicant must be a member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Scheme, and will be expected to assist in the establishing of the mental health department at Courtland Solicitors. You will be expected to carry out advocacy and all types of work in Mental Health Tribunals and the Court of Protection.
In addition to being familiar with the Legal Aid Agency contractual requirements, you must also have the following essential requirements:
- The necessary qualifications and experience to meet the Legal Aid Agency’s requirements for Mental Health Supervisor.
- Experience of representing patients detained under the Mental Health Act.
- Experience of running your own caseload and supporting and supervising support staff.
- An ability to bill your own work effectively and efficiently.
- Working under pressure to meet deadlines and financial targets.
- Possessing the confidence to develop your own case load through marketing, networking, and business development.
We are also looking to recruit a Paralegal to provide support and assist the fee earners in the preparation and conduct of cases. Ideally you will be an organised, hard working team player, with strong administrative qualities together with excellent interpersonal, communication, and IT skills. Duties will include interviewing clients, advising and completing documentation, perusing and drafting documents, and progressing matters through various stages in preparation for hearings.
Hours – 9.00 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Salary is dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be based at our East London office. If you are interested please email: email@example.com with your CV, and covering letter.
Closing date for applications – 10 August 2018
Full- time or Part-time applicants welcome.
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org