Mental Health Solicitor – Gloucester / South West Area & East Midlands/London Area
Reeds Solicitors LLP are a successful and established legal practice, that pride themselves on excellence. We are looking to expand so we can continue to represent those in most need and provide advice and representation on all aspects of Mental Health Law. Accordingly, we have an opportunity for a panel accredited fee earner to join either our Mental Health team in Gloucester and the Southwest, or our team in the East Midlands/London Area.
The successful candidate must be a member of the Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Scheme and will be expected to manage their own diverse caseload, undertaking all aspects of advocacy before the Tribunal and Hospital Managers.
Supervisor status would be advantageous, but other applications will be considered.
A full UK driving licence is essential.
Salary depending on experience — applications or enquiries to email@example.com with MENTAL HEALTH SOLICITOR in the subject bar. Thank you.
- Meeting and interviewing clients to give advice on all aspects of their detention under the Mental Health Act.
- Managing varied and complex cases from beginning to end.
- Representing clients before the Mental Health Tribunal and/or Hospital Managers’ Hearings.
- Ensuring standards of files are met in accordance with the Office Manual and Lexcel standards.
- Providing the highest level of client care.
- Undertaking legal research and instructing experts where required.
- Undertaking a range of Continuing Competence activities to meet The Law Society’s criteria.
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the Head of Department.
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate.
- Any other duties as directed by the Team Leader or a member of the Management Team.
- Must be a member of The Law Society’s Mental Health Accreditation Panel.
- Excellent communicator in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent understanding of client care requirements and a commitment to legal aid.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office package and the ability to learn and efficiently use both practice and case management software.
- Must be proactive in seeking to manage and progress files and apply consistent attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to work within a high pressure, high workload environment.
- Be self-confident, proactive and able to develop good working relationship with third parties.
- Resilient with the ability to cope with ever-changing priorities.
- A flexible approach and willingness to help across the department, with a “can-do” attitude.
Why work for Reeds Solicitors?
We are a forward-thinking, dynamic, Leading Top Tier Legal 500 company, who put their clients and employees first. We are a fun and flexible firm with good opportunities for development and career progression, in fact we have been award-shortlisted for our flexible working and wellbeing policies. We expect a lot from our employees but in return we offer:
- The ability to earn up to 30 days of holiday with years of service (standard holiday packages start at 21 days plus all bank holidays).
- Additional paid day off on your birthday.
- Ability to purchase a further 5 days of holiday each year.
- Discretionary additional holiday days given at Christmas (up to a maximum of 2 days)
- Flexible working schemes available to all employees.
- Private medical health care with the option to add optical and dental care.
- Discounted gym memberships.
- Fresh fruit baskets in each office on a weekly basis.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Unlimited access to online-based training, structured regulatory training and a weekly ‘top tip’ to support and enhance working practices.
- A culture of respect for colleagues and the best possible service for our clients.
- Employee assistance programme with access to physical, mental and emotional health advice & webinars, wellbeing videos and programmes, online counselling & mini health checks.
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will supply an invoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.