Salary: £39,390 (National Framework) or £44,792 (London Framework – if you are London office-based or home-based and live within the boundary of the M25) – There is also an additional homeworking allowance of £553 per annum for those working from home.
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week
Location: Home-based – Flexible in the United Kingdom
Closing date: Sunday 21st January 2024 11.59pm
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
We are now looking for a Lawyer to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
Why this could be a great role for you
If you are a qualified Solicitor, Barrister, or senior Legal Executive, this is an incredible opportunity to grow your career and provide a rewarding public service.
You’ll be supporting care across the country, making sure care providers are compliant and supporting and protecting those using care services. This will be perfect for those looking to make a difference whilst developing their legal skillset in the health and social care arena.
What’s more, you’ll be supported with an exceptional package including some valuable public sector benefits including an NHS pension scheme.
What you will bring…
To be considered as a Lawyer, you will need to be a qualified Solicitor, Barrister, or Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, entitled to practice in England and Wales with either:
- At least two years’ post-qualification experience
- Proven substantial experience providing legal advice in a health and social care regulation setting
You will also need:
- An established history of managing caseloads, advising on legal matters and managing enforcement activity
- The ability to present complex information in an easily understood, accessible format
- Effective networking and relationship-building skills
- A good working knowledge of IT systems including Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
What you’ll be doing
As a Lawyer, you will provide legal advice to our Operations and Regulatory Leadership Groups.
Specifically, working across a wide range of areas, you will advise on enforcement matters, urgent applications for cancellation or suspension, policies and regulations.
Developing strong relationships across our organisation, you will support the wider Legal Services Team whilst using your expertise to shape legal solutions.
Additionally, you will:
- Provide coaching, support and supervision to junior legal team members
- Undertake a range of casework and policy development activities
- Get involved with contentious work, including pre-action protocol matters
- Identify legal issues and risk
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Lawyer, please apply via this page on our website.
Other organisations may call this role Solicitor, Barrister, Attorney, Legal Advisor, Counsel, Legal Counsel, In-House Legal Counsel, Legal Executive, or Senior Paralegal.
Would you like to see your job advertisement on the MHLA website, for just £75? Send your text and optional logo to us at: email@example.com. We will supply an invoice. Adverts are published upon receipt of payment.